Yorkshire Post Excellence in Business Awards 2017
It's official. The search is now on for the best businesses in Yorkshire.
Entries for The Yorkshire Post Excellence in Business Awards are officially open and we are inviting the best of the region's companies to put themselves forward.
Last year saw a record level of entries into the awards, which were hosted by former cabinet minister turned broadcaster Michael Portillo at a glittering ceremony at The New Dock in Leeds.
R&R Ice Cream, Tracsis and Yorkshire Provender triumphed in the main categories and there was a lifetime award for JCT600 founder and chairman Jack Tordoff.
Mr Tordoff attributed his success to "hard work" saying "if you work hard enough you will get to be a winner".
The awards honour household names, and help to spot the rising stars of the corporate world. Over the last decade the awards have attracted a host of high profile speakers, including David Cameron, who attended when he was leader of the opposition, and the Chancellor George Osborne.
Other senior figures who have spoken at the awards include the former Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls, and Nick Clegg, the former Deputy Prime Minister.
Mark Casci, business editor of The Yorkshire Post, said: "The esteem and affection with which these awards are held is palpable from the interest and passion they provoke every year.
"In these ever-changing and evolving times it is essential we celebrate and highlight the outstanding work that so many of our companies do on a day-to-day basis.
"I am continually stating how Yorkshire is a world-class centre for business and nothing sums this up more than these awards.
"I look forward to viewing your entries."
This year’s ceremony will take place on November 2 at New Dock Hall.
And entries are sought in the following areas:
- Companies turning over more than £50m - Sponsored by DLA Piper
- Companies turning over between £10m and £50m - Sponsored by Grant Thornton
- Companies turning over less than £10m
- Outstanding Employer - Sponsored by Cascade HR
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award - Sponsored by Leeds Beckett University
- Young Business of the Year - Sponsored by First Direct
- Apprenticeship Award - Sponsored by Yorkshire Building Society
- Commercial Space - Sponsored by Doncaster and Sheffield Airport
- Diversity Award - Sponsored by Sky Bet
- Exporter - Sponsored by Propaganda
- Turnaround - Sponsored by Henderson Insurance Brokers
- Technology - Sponsored by CityFibre
- Leadership Award - Sponsored by Provident Financial Plc
Closing date for entries is June 2nd 2017.